PRESIDENT & CEO
GALILEO INDIA / INTERGLOBE ITQ
Based in NEW DELHI
APR 2006 to MAR 2009
Led Galileo's 400+ employees based in 23 offices with 19 service centres and connecting over 5000 travel agencies across 333 cities.
Company was first awarded one of the "Top 25 Best Workplaces" in India for 2008 by Great Place to Work® Institute. Annual revenues in excess of USD33 million.
- Led ITQ management team to secure strategic financial investors. Successfully attracted Standard Chartered Private Equity, Singapore's DBS and Credit Suisse as investors with 35% stake in ITQ.
- Out performed GDS market growth annually. Turned around business performance resulting in a 4% increase in market share reaching 38%.
- Captured 30% Online Booking marketshare within 12 months surpassing 100,000 segments booked each month and reaching Number 2 Online GDS in market.
- Grew Revenues 18.7% with a 21% increase in Net Profit.
- US$500,000 additional revenue generation through Innovations Group.
- 100% retention of Keys Accounts. Top MNA in customer base – HRG, Amex, Riya, Akbar, and Thomas Cook.
- Record New Wins in 3rd year with Key Accounts such as Thomas Cook Online, CWT and Cox & Kings.
- Staff attrition rate decreased from 39% to 16% with 75% of all new hires from Employee Referral Scheme.